Old Dominion defeats George Mason 76-60
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Ben Finney scored 19 points to lead Old Dominion to a 76-60 victory over George Mason on Saturday.
Finney also grabbed seven rebounds and dished out seven assists for the Monarchs (20-7, 12-3 Colonial Athletic Association), who split the season series against the Patriots (16-10, 11-4). George Mason defeated Old Dominion 71-55 on Jan. 2.
Gerald Lee chipped in with 16 points for the Monarchs.
Old Dominion opened the game with a 17-1 lead after a free throw from Lee with 11:58 remaining in the first half. George Mason didn’t score its first field goal until Andre Cornelius hit a 3-pointer with 11:17 left in the first half.
George Mason cut the Monarchs’ lead to 34-21 at halftime, but Old Dominion used a 17-4 run to open the second half and jumped out to take a 51-25 advantage with 15:03 left in the game.
Cornelius scored 13 points to pace the Patriots.
- Old Dominion defeats George Mason 76-60
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- The unsung secret to Gonzaga's success is something 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback