North Florida beats Florida Gulf Coast 68-65 in OT
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Andy Diaz finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds as North Florida defeated Florida Gulf Coast 68-65 in overtime on Saturday night.
Jerron Granberry and Eni Cuka scored 13 points each for the Ospreys (12-14, 7-9 Atlantic Sun Conference), who snapped a two-game losing streak with the win.
With North Florida trailing by two points, Anthony Banks tipped in a missed jumper from Kyle Marks to tie the game at 55-55 with 41 seconds left in regulation to force overtime.
Five straight points from North Florida in the extra period gave the Ospreys a 65-61 lead with 25 seconds remaining.
The Eagles (7-19, 4-13) were able to cut the lead to one after a layup from Marks made the score 66-65 with 8 seconds left, but Cuke nailed two free throws for the final score.
Reed Baker scored 19 points to lead Florida Gulf Coast.
- North Florida beats Florida Gulf Coast 68-65 in OT
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?