Morgan State beats Winston-Salem 79-65
BALTIMORE (AP)—Reggie Holmes scored 26 points to lead Morgan State to a 79-65 win over Winston-Salem on Saturday, extending the Bears winning streak to 11 games.
Troy Smith finished with 18 points and eight rebounds for Morgan State (19-7), who hasn’t lost since 79-63 defeat to Baylor on Jan. 6. DeWayne Jackson scored 10 points and Rodney Stokes had 10 rebounds—six offensive.
The Bears pulled away early against Winston-Salem (9-13), taking a 40-21 lead with 2:15 left on Holmes’ 3-pointer. Holmes shot 5 of 12 from the floor, but went 13-for-15 from the free throw line.
A layup by Joe Davis with 12:13 left in the second half gave Morgan State a 27-point lead—its largest of the game. Winston-Salem would pull no closer than 14 points the rest of the way.
Paul Davis led Winston-Salem with 32 points and 15 rebounds—nine offensive. Brian Fisher scored 10 points.
- Morgan State beats Winston-Salem 79-65
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0