Morgan State beats Winston-Salem 79-65
BALTIMORE (AP)—Reggie Holmes scored 26 points to lead Morgan State to a 79-65 win over Winston-Salem on Saturday, extending the Bears winning streak to 11 games.
Troy Smith finished with 18 points and eight rebounds for Morgan State (19-7), who hasn’t lost since 79-63 defeat to Baylor on Jan. 6. DeWayne Jackson scored 10 points and Rodney Stokes had 10 rebounds—six offensive.
The Bears pulled away early against Winston-Salem (9-13), taking a 40-21 lead with 2:15 left on Holmes’ 3-pointer. Holmes shot 5 of 12 from the floor, but went 13-for-15 from the free throw line.
A layup by Joe Davis with 12:13 left in the second half gave Morgan State a 27-point lead—its largest of the game. Winston-Salem would pull no closer than 14 points the rest of the way.
Paul Davis led Winston-Salem with 32 points and 15 rebounds—nine offensive. Brian Fisher scored 10 points.
- How VCU coach Shaka Smart got his unusual first name
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78