Middle Tennessee routs Houston Baptist 109-79
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP)—James Washington scored 34 points and made 10 3-pointers, and Middle Tennessee routed Houston Baptist 109-79 on Saturday night.
Washington was 10-for-17 from the field—all 3-pointers—and was 4-for-4 from the foul line.
It was the most points scored by the Blue Raiders since they beat Bryan College 115-59 in the 2001 season opener. Desmond Yates added 20 points and J.T. Sulton had 10 for the Blue Raiders (16-11), who have won three games in a row.
The Blue Raiders shot 56.8 percent from the field (42-for-74) and scored 36 points off 30 Houston Baptist turnovers. Hayes had five of the Blue Raiders’ 15 steals.
Andrew Gonzalez had 19 points, Miles Dixon scored 15, Mario Flaherty ahd 11 and Wendell Preasom 10 for Houston Baptist (6-18).
- Hawaii players train with a Marine Corps drill instructor
- Kansas star Jackson charged with criminal damage
- UNCW coach says focus on NCAA tourney, not another job
- Vols' Bowden likely will remain out for South Carolina game
- Jackson scores 18 as Ohio State beats No. 16 Wisconsin
- Leaf, No. 5 Bruins hold off Arizona State