Louisiana Tech defeats Hawaii 66-60
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Kyle Gibson scored 15 points, including six free throws in the final 53 seconds, to help Louisiana Tech hold off Hawaii 66-60 on Saturday night.
Gibson finished 9-for-12 from the line and the Bulldogs (20-5, 8-3 Western Athletic Conference) hit nine free throws in the last minute.
Olu Ashaolu’s layup gave Louisiana Tech a 57-53 lead with 1:36 to play, Gibson hit two free throws and Jamel Guyton hit another free throw for a 60-53 advantage with 33 seconds left.
Hawaii’s Hiram Thompson scored three straight points to cut the lead to 60-56 with 25 seconds to play, but Guyton hit two more free throws.
The Bulldogs shot only 51.7 percent from the line (15-for-29).
Magnum Rolle added 12 points, Guyton had 11, DeAndre Brown scored 10 and Ashaolu added 11 rebounds.
Thompson scored 14, Roderick Flemings had 13 and Brandon Adams added 12 for Hawaii (9-15, 2-9).
- Louisiana Tech defeats Hawaii 66-60
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look