Lehigh beats Army 78-66
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP)—C.J. McCollum scored a season-high 33 points to lift Lehigh to a 78-66 victory over Army on Saturday night.
McCollum became the first freshman in program history to score 25 or more points in five games in the same season.
Lehigh (16-9, 7-3 Patriot League), eclipsed its win total from last season and is in first in the conference standings.
Marquis Hall added 14 points and eight assists and Michael Ojo had 11 points in Lehigh’s eighth straight regular season victory over the Black Knights at Stabler Arena.
Lehigh outrebounded Army 35-31 and scored 19 points off 17 turnovers. The Mountain Hawks shot 53.1 percent from the floor (26-for-49) and held Army to 40.4 percent (23-for-57).
Jeremy Hence scored 14 points to pace the Black Knights (13-11, 3-7).
- Lehigh beats Army 78-66
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look