Lafayette defeats Navy 83-77
EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Jared Mintz scored 23 points to lead Lafayette to an 83-77 victory over Navy on Saturday.
Mintz added nine rebounds for the Leopards (15-10, 6-4 Patriot League), who snapped a three-game losing streak with the win. Jeff Kari chipped in with 19 points on 5 of 8 shooting.
A layup from Navy’s O.J. Avworo cut Lafayette’s lead to 79-77 with 30 seconds remaining in the game. Kari was fouled 5 seconds later, and nailed both free throws to push Lafayette’s lead back to four.
Navy’s Romeo Garcia missed a 3-pointer on the other end and Darion Benbow secured the rebound for Lafayette with 13 seconds left. Benbow was fouled and made both free throws for the final score.
Chris Harris finished with 25 points and four steals to lead Navy (12-13, 6-4). Jordan Sugars added 21 points and eight rebounds.
- Isiah Thomas's Wednesday goes much better than his Monday
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul