Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 67
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Kelly Beidler tied a career-high with 22 points to lead Mount St. Mary’s (Md.) to a 77-67 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday night.
Will Holland added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Mountaineers (11-14, 8-6 Northeast Conference), who have won six games in a row.
A 3-pointer from Holland capped an 11-2 run for Mount St. Mary’s in the second half that gave them a 56-44 lead with 11:48 remaining.
A separate 6-0 run later in the half put the Mountaineers ahead 65-50 with 5:41 to play for their largest lead of the game.
Mike Scott led the Knights (9-18, 8-6) with 14 points and nine assists. Alvin Mofunanya added 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Mount St. Mary’s shot 51 percent from the field (26-for-51), while Fairleigh Dickinson shot 41 percent (25-for-61).
- Best of Midnight Madness: Tom Izzo’s ‘Top Gun’ entrance
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons