Buffalo snaps Kent State’s streak in 70-55 victory
AMHERST, N.Y. (AP)—John Boyer scored 18 points, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out six assists as Buffalo snapped Kent State?s eight-game winning streak with a 70-55 win on Saturday.
Calvin Betts finished with 15 points and eight rebounds and Rodney Pierce had 14 points and eight boards for the Bulls (14-9, 7-5 Mid-American Conference).
Betts had 13 points in the first half, shooting 5-for-6 from the floor and made three 3-pointers before halftime. He led Buffalo’s early 14-3 run, helping the Bulls claim a 33-19 lead at halftime.
The Bulls, who have won three straight, shot 46.9 percent for the game and converted on 23 of 49 shots from the field. They also shot 6-for-18 from beyond the 3-point arc and 18-for-20 from the foul line.
Chris Singletary led Kent State (18-8, 9-3) with 18 points and eight rebounds. The Golden Flashes shot just 34.5 percent from the floor.
- Buffalo snaps Kent State's streak in 70-55 victory
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?