East Tennessee State routs Kennesaw State 66-45
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Justin Tubbs scored 23 points and Isiah Brown had a double-double to lead East Tennessee State to a 66-45 win over Kennesaw State on Friday night.
Brown finished with 14 points and a game-high 15 rebounds for the Pirates (14-12, 10-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won three straight. Micah Williams pitched in with 13 points.
East Tennessee State pulled away early against the Owls (12-14, 7-8), jumping out to a 27-9 lead with 8:55 left in the first half on Tubbs’ 3-pointer. He went 5-for-11 from beyond the arc.
Kennesaw State would pull no closer than 12 points, as the Pirates built a 26 point advantage—their largest of the game—on Brown’s three-point play with 6:54 to play.
East Tennessee State forced 20 turnovers by the Owls.
Markeith Cummings was the only Kennesaw State player to score in double figures with 10 points. LaDaris Green had 11 rebounds.
- East Tennessee State routs Kennesaw State 66-45
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups