Campbell sinks Mercer 69-63
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (AP)—Jonathan Rodriguez scored 24 points, leading four Campbell players in double figures as the Camels held off Mercer 69-63 on Friday night.
Miles Taylor added 12 points while Junard Hartley and Lorne Merthie had 10 apiece for the Camels (15-9, 10-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). The Camels have won three in a row to remain in a four-way tie for first place in the A-Sun.
Mercer led for most of the close contest, and took a 60-59 lead as late as 2:25 left in the game. But Rodriguez put the Camels on his back, dropping in a layup followed by a pair of free throws as Campbell went on a 10-3 run to close out the win.
The Camels outrebounded the Bears 28-20 and shot 70 percent from the foul line (14-for-20). The Bears posted just a 58.3 mark from the stripe (14-for-24).
James Florence led the Bears (12-13, 8-7) with 21 points, while Daniel Emerson had 12 and E.J. Kusnyer 10.
- On-target Creighton whips Southern Illinois 88-69
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case