Longwood defeats Virginia Intermont 101-66
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—Dana Smith scored a career-high 27 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, and Longwood defeated Virginia Intermont 101-66 on Thursday night.
Smith, who had his eighth double-double of the season, surpassed the 1,400-point mark for his career.
Antwan Carter had 17 points and 15 rebounds for his seventh double-double of the season and third in a row. Martiz Washington added 14 points and Billy Robinson Jr. had 11 for the Lancers (9-16), who won their fifth straight game.
Longwood outrebounded the NAIA Cobras 57-32 and scored 25 second-chance points. The Lancers converted 25 turnovers, including 10 steals, into 24 points.
It was the second-highest point total of the season for the Lancers, who scored 112 points in a win over Washington Adventist on Jan. 30.
Delonte McDaniel scored 12 points and Jordan Spurling added 10 for the Cobras (1-25).
- Longwood defeats Virginia Intermont 101-66
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown