Long Island U defeats Sacred Heart 81-75
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Kyle Johnson tied a career high with 26 points and 10 rebounds to lead Long Island U. to an 81-75 victory over Sacred Heart on Thursday night.
Jaytornah Wisseh added 15 points and six assists and the Blackbirds (10-14, 8-5 Northeast Conference) pulled away in the final 5 minutes to win for the second time in three games.
Corey Hassan hit a free throw to give Sacred Heart (12-12, 5-8) a 64-62 lead, but Michael Culpo hit a 3-pointer with 5:04 remaining for a 65-64 advantage and Jamal Olasewere followed with a layup and a 67-64 lead with 4:37 to play.
Long Island U. went 12-for-12 from the free throw line in the final 2:21 and was 24-for-34 from the line (70.6 percent).
Chauncey Hardy scored 17 points and Stan Dulaire and Ryan Litke added 14 each for Sacred Heart, which has lost six straight games. Liam Potter had 10 points and 17 rebounds.
- The Dagger’s Best of Halloween 2011 Awards
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims