North Texas routs New Orleans 68-46
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Josh White scored 18 points and North Texas routed New Orleans 68-46 on Thursday night.
The Mean Green (16-8, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference) bolted to a 17-3 lead less than six minutes into the game and led 39-21 at halftime. Leading 47-34 with 11:51 remaining in the game, North Texas went on a 21-9 run to grab its biggest lead at 68-43 with 1:47 to play. A 3-pointer by Antwone Matlock capped the run for the Mean Green.
North Texas held a 46-34 rebounding edge, as George Odufuwa led the way with 13 boards.
The Mean Green also outshot the Privateers (7-18, 2-12), who will be making the transition to Division III next season. North Texas made 40.4 percent of its field goal attempts (19 of 47) while the Privateers made only 23 percent (14 for 61).
Carl Blair had 11 points, and Destin Damachoua and Devin McDonald each scored 10 for the Privateers, who have lost seven in a row.
- Will poor road teams buck NCAA Tournament trend?
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64