Fresno State defeats New Mexico State 83-64
FRESNO, Calif. (AP)—Paul George scored a career-high 30 points in his return to Fresno State’s lineup, and the Bulldogs defeated New Mexico State 83-64 on Thursday night.
Greg Smith added 16 points and eight rebounds for Fresno State (13-12, 6-5 Western Athletic Conference) before leaving with an apparent shoulder injury.
Jahmar Young and Jonathan Gibson had 14 points each for New Mexico State (15-9, 8-3), which fell out of a first-place tie with Utah State in the WAC standings.
George went 5 of 13 from 3-point range in his first action since spraining his right ankle on Jan. 21 against Utah State. The sophomore forward missed four games.
The Aggies, who trailed 41-38 at halftime, committed 18 turnovers and finished just 9 of 26 from the free-throw line.
- Rick Majerus becomes the latest to reject SMU, extending the Mustangs’ meandering search
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina