Quayle, Wesley lead Utah State to 72-67 victory
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Jared Quayle scored 14 points and Tai Wesley added 13 to lead Utah State to a 72-67 victory over Boise State on Thursday night.
The win was the ninth in a row for Utah State (19-6, 9-2 Western Athletic).
Boise State (11-13, 2-9) dropped into last place in the nine-team conference.
Wesley scored nine of the Aggies’ first 10 second-half points and his fast-break layup gave Utah State its first double-digit lead at 45-35 with 16:41 remaining. Quayle followed with two free throws and Nate Bendall added a basket to complete a 10-0 run that gave Utah State a 14-point lead with just under 15 minutes left.
Boise State used an 18-6 run to pull within 63-59 with 2:09 remaining on Anthony Thomas’ layup. The Broncos got within two points twice in the final 20 seconds.
Thomas scored 15 points to lead Boise State.
- Quayle, Wesley lead Utah State to 72-67 victory
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four