Arizona State slogs past Oregon State 56-46
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP)—Derek Glasser scored 16 points and Jerren Shipp had 11 as Arizona State defeated Oregon State 56-46 on Thursday night to keep pace in the tightly contested Pac-10 race.
Ty Abbott had nine points and nine rebounds for the Sun Devils (17-8, 7-5 Pac-10), who rebounded from a 23-point loss at Washington last weekend. ASU entered in a five-way tie for second place, one game behind California.
ASU took control with a 12-0 run late in the first half, with Abbott hitting a pair of 3-pointers.
Calvin Haynes scored 15 points on 5-of-22 shooting for Oregon State (10-13, 4-7), which has dropped eight of 10 road games.
- For the good of our basketball nation, rethinking the block/charge
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case