NC Central edges Md.-Eastern Shore 73-71
DURHAM, N.C. (AP)—C.J. Wilkerson hit two free throws with 9 seconds left to lift North Carolina Central to a 73-71 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Wednesday night.
Wilkerson also hit two free throws to tie the score at 71 with 1:15 remaining and finished with 21 points, going 4-for-4 from the line. Dijon Manns scored 24 points to lead the Eagles (6-20) to their second consecutive win.
Hillary Haley missed a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left for Maryland-Eastern Shore (7-17).
Haley’s 3-pointer gave the Hawks a 71-69 lead with 1:28 left, but Wilkerson hit the first pair of free throws to tie it.
Neither team could hold a nine-point lead. N.C. Central led 15-6 in the first half, and Maryland-Eastern Shore took a 51-42 lead on Mark Robertson’s 3-pointer with 13:47 left.
Nick Chasten added 11 points for the Eagles.
Haley finished with 16 points and Tim Burns had 12 for the Hawks.
- NC Central edges Md.-Eastern Shore 73-71
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four