Schneider leads William & Mary past Delaware 67-54
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP)—David Schneider scored 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead William & Mary to a 67-54 win over Delaware on Wednesday night.
Marcus Witt finished with 13 points and Quinn McDowell added 11 for the Tribe (17-7, 9-5 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won two games in a row.
William & Mary, which shot 51.2 percent from the floor (21-for-41), held a 12-point lead early in the second half until the Blue Hens cut the margin to 53-50 on a free throw by Adam Pegg with 6:38 to play.
But the Tribe answered with nine straight points, led by Schneider’s four points, to build a 62-50 advantage with 3:54 left. Delaware (6-18, 2-11) could not get closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Jawan Carter led the Blue Hens with a game-high 17 points and six assists. Alphonso Dawson had 12 points and Jamelle Hagins pulled down 10 rebounds.
- Schneider leads William & Mary past Delaware 67-54
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look