Stephen F. Austin defeats Northwestern State 69-59
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Eddie Williams scored 18 points as Stephen F. Austin defeated Northwestern State, 69-59, in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
Stephen F. Austin (17-6, 7-3) dominated Northwestern State (7-15, 2-7) on the glass, outrebounding the Demons 50-32. The Lumberjacks collected more offensive rebounds (26) than defensive rebounds (24).
Jereal Scott and Jordan Glynn each had a double-double for the Lumberjacks. Scott had 14 points and 10 rebounds, while Glynn had 11 points and 10 rebounds. Orren Tims had 11 rebounds and eight points off the bench.
Will Pratt led the Demons with 24 points. He was 10 of 17 from the floor. William Mosely recorded a double-double with 11 rebounds and 10 points.
The Lumberjacks led 28-27 at half. With 1:42 left in the game the Lumberjacks led 61-58, they would go on a 8-1 run to end the game and take their largest lead of the night at 10 points.
- Little-known Lamar guard scores 52 points off the bench
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64