Memphis knocks off UCF 76-70
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)—Doneal Mack scored 15 points and his four-point play in the second half put Memphis ahead to stay as the Tigers defeated Central Florida 76-70 on Wednesday night.
The Knights held a 62-59 lead with 6:36 left when Mack hit a 3-pointer and was fouled by A.J. Rompza. Mack converted the free throw for a 63-62 lead.
Memphis (17-7, 7-2 Conference USA) never trailed again.
Roburt Sallie matched Mack’s 15 points, while Wesley Witherspoon scored 12. Willie Kemp and Elliot Williams finished with 10 points apiece, with Williams adding seven assists.
A.J. Tyler had 18 points to lead the Knights (11-12, 3-6). Keith Clanton had 12 points, while Rompza and Marcus Jordan scored 10 each.
The start of the game was delayed 15 minutes after a car hit a water main in the FedExForum parking garage. The accident set off emergency alarms leading to a brief evacuation of the building.
- Memphis knocks off UCF 76-70
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four