UC Davis defeats Pacific, 62-59
DAVIS, Calif. (AP)—Julian Welch had 19 points in a reserve role to help UC Davis beat Pacific 62-59 and stop a 49-game losing streak to the Tigers that dated back to the 1940-41 season.
Dominic Calegari had 13 points, seven rebounds, and three key free throws for the Aggies (10-13, 6-5 Big Sky).
Terrell Smith had 16 points and Michael Nunnally scored 13 points for the Tigers (15-8, 8-3). The Tigers fell into a first-place tie with UC Santa Barbara.
Calegari made three straight free throws to make the score 60-58 with 1:08 seconds remaining.
Joe Harden added another free throw with 34-seconds remaining, it was his two shots from the charity stripe with 12-seconds to play that sealed the victory for the Aggies.
The Aggies were without their leading scorer and point guard Mark Payne, who was out with an illness.
- Ga. Tech knocks off No. 19 Maryland 69-64
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims