Tennessee-Martin defeats SE Missouri 73-70
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—Marquis Weddle scored 15 points to lead Tennessee-Martin to a 73-70 victory over Southeast Missouri on Tuesday night.
Andres Irarrazabal added 14 points for the Skyhawks (4-19, 1-12 Ohio Valley Conference), who shot 55.6 percent on 3-pointers (5-for-9) to break a three-game losing streak.
Irarrazabal’s layup gave Tennessee-Martin a 65-64 lead with 2:42 left and Weddle followed with a 3-pointer for a 68-64 advantage with 1:59 to play.
Southeast Missouri’s Anthony Allison cut the deficit to 68-66 on a layup with 44 seconds left, but the Skyhawks hit five free throws in the final 35 seconds to seal it.
Tennessee-Martin gained a split in the season series.
Reuben Clayton added 12 points and seven assists for the Skyhawks.
Allison finished with 18, Marland Smith had 17 and Sam Pearson scored 11 points and had eight assists for Southeast Missouri (7-17, 3-10).
- Why I don't care about the Roy Williams vs. Kansas storyline
- No. 24 Butler defense shuts down DePaul in 82-66 win
- Bucknell beats Boston U 88-66 behind Foulland's 20 points
- Webber, Massimino among the Hall of Fame finalists
- Jackson, No. 10 Tar Heels roll past No. 14 Cavaliers 65-41
- Williams-Goss leads No. 1 Gonzaga over Pacific 82-61