Ohio eases past Western Michigan 90-74
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Tommy Freeman scored a career-high 30 points and tied a career-best with six 3-pointers, leading Ohio past Western Michigan 90-74 on Tuesday night.
Armon Bassett added 21 points, including five 3s, and a career-high nine assists for the Bobcats (13-11, 4-6 Mid-American Conference), who hit a season-high 14 of 23 3-pointers (60.9 percent) in the win. The Broncos finished just 8 of 23 from long range (34.8 percent).
Kenneth Van Kempen finished with 12 points and D.J. Cooper added 11 for Ohio.
Western Michigan got a pair of early 3s for a 6-2 lead, but Freeman hit his first 3-pointer of the game for Ohio, sparking a 10-0 run, and the Bobcats didn’t trail again.
Ohio led by 20 points at halftime and held on despite being outscored by the Broncos 49-45 in the second.
Martelle McLemore tied his career high with 24 points for the Broncos (13-11, 5-6).
- Ohio eases past Western Michigan 90-74
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0