Ohio eases past Western Michigan 90-74
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Tommy Freeman scored a career-high 30 points and tied a career-best with six 3-pointers, leading Ohio past Western Michigan 90-74 on Tuesday night.
Armon Bassett added 21 points, including five 3s, and a career-high nine assists for the Bobcats (13-11, 4-6 Mid-American Conference), who hit a season-high 14 of 23 3-pointers (60.9 percent) in the win. The Broncos finished just 8 of 23 from long range (34.8 percent).
Kenneth Van Kempen finished with 12 points and D.J. Cooper added 11 for Ohio.
Western Michigan got a pair of early 3s for a 6-2 lead, but Freeman hit his first 3-pointer of the game for Ohio, sparking a 10-0 run, and the Bobcats didn’t trail again.
Ohio led by 20 points at halftime and held on despite being outscored by the Broncos 49-45 in the second.
Martelle McLemore tied his career high with 24 points for the Broncos (13-11, 5-6).
- ACC Preview: Q&A with Florida State junior Michael Snaer
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee