Alabama A&M defeats MVSU 77-69
ITTA BENNA, Miss. (AP)—Jonathan Inman scored 20 points in 23 minutes and Alabama A&M defeated Mississippi Valley State 77-69 on Monday night.
Inman led four Bulldogs’ player in double figures, as they snapped a two-game losing streak.
Evan Hilton, who was 4 of 5 from the field, scored 15 points, Bo Amusa added 13 points and Casey Cantey chipped in 11 for Alabama A&M (8-11, 5-6 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
The Bulldogs shot 49 percent from the field (25 of 51), while holding the Delta Devils (4-17, 3-5) to 41.1 percent shooting (23 of 56).
Alabama A&M scored 10 points off 12 Mississippi Valley State turnovers, and led by as many as 14 points, 57-43, on Adam Young’s layup with 10:10 remaining.
Julius Cheeks scored 18 points for the Delta Devils, and Amos Studivant had a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Cor-J Cox added 15 points for Mississippi Valley State.
- Alabama A&M defeats MVSU 77-69
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look