Mercer defeats SC-Upstate 83-69
MACON, Ga. (AP)—Jeff Smith scored 22 points to lead Mercer to an 83-69 win over South Carolina-Upstate on Monday night.
Brandon Moore added a career-high 16 points for the Bears (12-12, 8-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), while James Florence finished with 15 points, seven rebounds, six assists and five steals.
SC-Upstate used a 10-0 run to jump out to a 37-18 lead with 4:53 remaining in the first half, and led 47-35 at halftime.
The Bears bounced back in the second half, using an 18-0 run to take a 57-51 lead after a 3-pointer from Moore with 11:45 remaining. Mercer would go on to lead for the remainder of the contest, and finished the game with a 7-0 run.
The Spartans (4-19, 4-10) were paced by Ryan LeGates, who scored 14 points. SC-Upstate has lost four of their last five games.
- Mercer defeats SC-Upstate 83-69
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook