Maine defeats Maryland-Baltimore County 84-63
BALTIMORE (AP)—Gerald McLemore scored 25 points, including a career-high tying seven 3-pointers, to help lead Maine to a 84-63 win over Maryland-Baltimore County on Monday.
McLemore broke the game open for the Black Bears (16-8, 8-3 America East Conference), scoring 13 straight points. McLemore’s outburst turned a 51-34 Maine lead with 12:05 left into a 64-36 advantage with 8:38 to play.
Sean McNally added 14 points and Murphy Burnatowski and Junior Bernal had 11 each for Maine, which snapped a four-game losing streak to the Retrievers (2-22, 1-10).
The Black Bears outrebounded Maryland-Baltimore County 47-20 and scored 19 second-chance points.
Maine shot 53.3 percent from the field (32 of 60), compared to 41.1 percent by the Retrievers (23 of 56).
Matt Spadafora paced Maryland-Baltimore County with 14 points, and Chauncey Gilliam and Chris De La Rosa added 10 apiece.
- Maine defeats Maryland-Baltimore County 84-63
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs