Jackson State beats Southern 63-53
JACKSON, Miss. (AP)—Raymond Gregory scored 11 points and Cason Burk grabbed 11 rebounds, leading Jackson State in a 63-53 win over Southern University on Monday night.
Gertavin Blake and De’Suan Dixon added 10 points apiece for the Tigers (12-11, 10-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who won their sixth in a row and maintained their spot atop the SWAC.
The Jaguars took a 4-0 lead from the start, but six different players scored for Jackson State in a 16-8 run and the Tigers never trailed again.
Jackson State led by six points at the break and outscored the Jaguars 34-30 in the second to seal it.
The Tigers outscored the Jaguars 48-30 in the paint and produced 12 points off of 14 Southern U. turnovers.
Jameel Grace was the lone player in double figures for the Jaguars (4-19, 2-9), scoring 10 points. Southern U. was trying to win two straight games for the first time this season.
- Jackson State beats Southern 63-53
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel