Grambling State beats Alcorn State 73-58
GRAMBLING, La. (AP)—Donald Qualls scored 21 points to lead Grambling State to a 73-58 win over Alcorn State on Monday night.
Qualls shot 5-for-8 from the 3-point arc and dished out four assists for the Tigers (6-13, 4-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won two in a row.
After an early 9-9 tie in the first half, Grambling State went on an 18-4 run to take a 27-13 lead with 5:35 remaining in the half. The Tigers led 35-20 at halftime.
Grambling State led by double digits for the entire second half, and went up by as many as 24 points after a 3-pointer from Rupert Rose made the score 58-34 with 11:49 remaining.
Ian Francis led Alcorn State (0-24, 0-11) with 22 points and 12 rebounds. The Braves previously lost to Grambling State earlier this season, falling 82-74 in overtime on Jan. 11.
- Grambling State beats Alcorn State 73-58
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0