E. Washington 67, Sacramento St. 74
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—Justin Eller scored 17 points and Duro Bjegovic came off the bench to add 13 points and eight rebounds as Sacramento State beat Eastern Washington 74-67 on Sunday.
John Dickson had 12 points and four blocks and Antonio Flaggs scored 11 points for the Hornets (9-16, 3-9 Big Sky), who recorded 10 blocks.
Jeffrey Forbes’ 18, Glen Dean’s 15 and Mark Dunn’s 11 points led the Eagles (6-18, 2-8). Eastern Washington has lost its last seven games.
After trailing by 12 points, the Eagles charged back to cut the Hornets’ lead to 62-59 on a 3-pointer by Kevin Winford with 2:22 left.
The Hornets outscored the Eagles 12-8 the rest of the way.
Sacramento State led 37-26 at halftime on the strength of 12-for-22 shooting, five 3-pointers and 21 points from the bench. Dickson came off the bench to make three 3-pointers in the first half.
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself