Morgan State rolls past Florida A&M 94-68
BALTIMORE (AP)—Reggie Holmes and Dewayne Jackson each scored 25 points to lead Morgan State to a 94-68 victory over Florida A&M on Sunday.
Holmes, who entered as the fifth-leading scorer in Division I at 22.8 points a game, hit four 3-pointers and Jackson came off the bench to hit six from beyond the arc for the Bears (17-7, 9-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who are 6-0 at home this year.
They have won nine straight games.
Morgan State shot 54.8 percent from the field (34-for-62), including 10-for-19 on 3-point attempts (52.6 percent).
Kevin Thompson scored 14 points and had 12 rebounds and Ameer Ali added 10 points and eight rebounds for Morgan State. Sean Thomas had 11 assists.
Travis Wallace led Florida A&M (5-17, 2-7) with 14 points. Christopher Walker added 12 points and Yannick Crowder scored 11 points and had eight rebounds.
- For Oakland's Keith Benson, non-league games are NBA auditions
- Kansas star Jackson charged with criminal damage
- UNCW coach says focus on NCAA tourney, not another job
- Vols' Bowden likely will remain out for South Carolina game
- Jackson scores 18 as Ohio State beats No. 16 Wisconsin
- Leaf, No. 5 Bruins hold off Arizona State