Nicholls St. 46, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 71
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Demond Watt scored 17 points as Texas A&M-CC defeated Nicholls State, 71-46, in Southland Conference play on Saturday night.
The Islanders (12-10, 6-2) were leading 16-13 in the first and went on a 17-0 run to take a 31-13 lead. Over the 6:46 minute stretch that the Colonels (7-15, 3-6) were held scoreless they turned the ball over four times and went 0 for 5 from the floor.
The Islanders made 23 of 37 (62.2 percent) from the floor. Watt made 6 of 7 from the floor. Terrance Jones had 13 points and made 3 of 6 from 3. Marcus Hammonds added 11 points and made 3 of 4 from beyond the arc. As a team the Islanders made 8 of 13 (61.5 percent) from 3-point range.
Anatoly Bose lead the Colonels with 11 points. He was coming off a 38-point performance on Wednesday against Stephen F. Austin, where he made 6 of 12 from 3. Tonight he was 0 for 5 from long range.
- Blake Griffin, video game cover boy
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout