Quinnipiac defeats Sacred Heart 90-87
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)—James Feldeine scored 18 of his 22 points in the second half as Quinnipiac held off Sacred Heart 90-87 on Saturday.
Jeremy Baker added 18 points, and Justin Rutty had a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds for the Bobcats (16-7, 10-2 Northeast Conference), who have won 10 of their past 11 games. The Bobcats are 9-0 at home this season.
The Bobcats won the game at the free throw line, making 45 of 52 attempts including six in a row in the final 2 minutes.
Sacred Heart pulled to within 83-30 on a 3-pointer by Corey Hassan with 1:51 to play, but the Bobcats hit four straight free throws to push the lead to 87-80 with 56 seconds remaining.
Jerrell Thompson led Pioneers (12-11, 5-7) with 30 points. Hassan added 16 points and 12 rebounds and eight assists, and Ryan Litke and Liam Potter each added 15 points for the Pioneers, which have lost four in a row.
- Quinnipiac defeats Sacred Heart 90-87
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster