Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 77-59
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Kevin Giltner scored 14 points to lead Wofford in a 77-59 win over UNC-Greensboro on Saturday night.
Junior Salters added 13 points for the Terriers (17-8, 9-3 Southern Conference), who have won four games in a row. Tim Johnson, Noah Dahlman and Jamar Diggs each scored 10 points.
Wofford used an 11-0 run to jump out to a 14-4 lead in the first half, and would go on to lead 39-29 at halftime. The Terriers led by double digits for the entire second half, and built their biggest lead at 19 points after a 3-pointer from Giltner made the score 62-43 with 10:14 remaining.
Ben Stywall finished with 18 points and eight rebounds to lead the Spartans (5-18, 4-8). Kyle Randall added 10 points.
The Terriers shot 57.7 percent from the field (30-for-52), while UNC-Greensboro shot 34.5 percent (19-for-55).
- Dagger Q&A: Catching up with BYU’s new sensation, Matt Carlino
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case