Western Michigan rallies past Bowling Green 65-64
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—David Kool’s layup with 4 seconds to play gave Western Michigan a 65-64 victory over Bowling Green on Saturday.
Kool finished with 23 points for the Broncos (13-10, 5-5 Mid-American). He scored their final seven points. A 3-pointer with 4:03 to play ended a 16-2 run and put Western Michigan ahead 61-58. Scott Thomas made a pair of free throws for Bowling Green (11-11, 4-6) and Otis Polk’s layup with 2:06 to play put the Falcons back in front, 62-61.
Polk scored again with 17 seconds left for a 64-61 lead, but Kool answered five seconds later to cut it back to one point, then a Bowling Green turnover led to Kool’s winning basket.
Bowling Green led 56-45 with 8:34 to play before Western Michigan came back.
Flenard Whitfield had 10 points for the Broncos. Thomas and Polk led the Falcons with 14 points.
- Western Michigan rallies past Bowling Green 65-64
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina