Utah State defeats Nevada, 76-65
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Tai Wesley scored 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Utah State defeated Nevada 76-65 on Saturday night.
Pooh Williams had 16 for USU (18-6, 8-2 Western Athletic Conference), while Brady Jardine added 13 and Jared Quayle 12.
Luke Babbitt led Nevada (13-9, 5-4 WAC) with 20 points and nine rebounds. Armon Johnson had 19 and Joey Shaw 14.
USU took a four-point halftime lead and extended to 58-44 with 8:10 to play after Wesley scored four consecutive inside shots and Jardine followed up two missed shots for rebound buckets. Nevada got as close as 69-62 after Shaw hit a 3-point shot, but could not slow USU in the closing minutes.
USU grabbed 21 offensive rebounds in the game, 12 in the second half, while the Wolf Pack only had six offensive boards in the second half. USU also managed the ball well, with 18 assists and only four turnovers.
- Christian Laettner tries to make amends for infamous stomp
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60