UTSA defeats Southeastern Louisiana, 64-57
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Demarco Stepter scored 15 points as UTSA defeated Southeastern Louisiana, 64-57, in Southland Conference play on Saturday.
UTSA (13-8, 3-5) held a 37-28 lead at the half. Southeastern Louisiana (13-9, 5-4) cut the lead down to just four points at 49-45 with 9:38 left to play. UTSA would go on a 6-0 run from there to push their lead to 55-45, the largest of the game, and would not be threatened down the stretch.
Terry Fields had 14 points, six rebounds, and four assists for the Roadrunners.
The Lions were led by Patrick Sullivan’s game-high 19 points. Jason Marks added 13 points.
The Lions struggled from long range making just 2 of 17 (11.8 percent) from 3. The Roadrunners made 7 of 15 (46.7 percent) from 3.
This snaps a three-game winning streak for the Lions and ends the Roadrunners five-game losing streak.
- Are Arizona State’s new-look logo and jerseys an improvement?
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout