La.-Lafayette beats Ark.-Little Rock 77-51
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—Tyren Johnson notched a double-double, scoring 30 points and grabbing 11 boards, to lead Louisiana-Lafayette in a 77-51 rout of Arkansas-Little Rock on Saturday night.
Randell Daigle added 15 points and Chris Gradnigo chipped in with 11 for the Ragin’ Cajuns (11-12, 8-4 Sun Belt Conference), who snapped a six-game losing streak to the Trojans.
The Ragin’ Cajuns have won a season-high three straight games.
Daigle knocked down three 3-pointers, Johnson added two more and Travis Bureau hit another for the Ragin’ Cajuns, who finished 6-for-17 from long range (35.3 percent). The Trojans were 0-for-13 from beyond the arc.
Daigle and Johnson hit back to back 3s to open the game, Johnson put the Ragin’ Cajuns up 10-4 on a jumper and they never trailed in this one.
The Trojans (7-16, 3-9) didn’t have a player in double figures.
- La.-Lafayette beats Ark.-Little Rock 77-51
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown