Flagler leads S. Carolina State over Hampton 72-60
ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP)—Jason Flagler scored 22 points and Arsenio Williams had 16 as South Carolina State defeated Hampton 72-60 on Saturday.
A jumper by Flagler, who made 9 of 12 shots, started the Bulldogs (12-8, 6-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) on a 13-2 second-half run that gave them a 51-37 lead with 13:06 remaining.
The Bulldogs led by as many as 17 points, 58-41, with 9:34 left and never by less than eight points the rest of the way.
South Carolina State opened a 25-13 lead in the first half but Vince Simpson, who led the Pirates (6-15, 4-6) with 19 points, scored 14 of them during a 14-1 run that gave Hampton a 27-26 lead.
The Bulldogs scored the final six points of the first half to lead 34-29 at intermission.
Led by Williams, South Carolina State’s bench outscored Hampton’s 33-6.
- Flagler leads S. Carolina State over Hampton 72-60
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four