Sam Houston State defeats Central Arkansas 75-70
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Gilberto Clavell had 15 points as five Sam Houston State players scored in double figures in a 75-70 victory against Central Arkansas on Saturday night.
Corey Allmond and Preston Brown added 13 points each, Antuan Brown 12 and Josten Crow 11 for the Bearkats (16-5, 8-0 Southland Conference), who won their eighth straight game.
Chris Poellnitz had 31 points and made five 3-pointers for Central Arkansas (7-16, 1-8).
The Bears kept the game close with solid 3-point shooting, as they made 10 of 20 attempts from beyond the arc. But after Lance Pevehouse converted a layup to give Sam Houston State a 48-47 lead with 13:52 remaining, the Bearkats never trailed.
- Sam Houston State defeats Central Arkansas 75-70
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2