St. Francis, Pa. 63, Robert Morris 75
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP)—Karon Abraham scored 14 points to lead four players in double figures in Robert Morris’s 75-63 win over St. Francis (Pa.) on Saturday night.
Velton Jones added 13 points, Dallas Green 12 and Josiah Whitehead 10 in the Colonials’ (16-8, 11-1 Northeast Conference) ninth-straight win.
Robert Morris shot 64.1 percent from the field (25 of 39) in the game and held St. Francis to 27.3 percent shooting in the second half (6 of 22).
The Red Flash (7-16, 5-7) led 21-19 with 8:18 left in the first half, before a 12-5 run by the Colonials. Whitehead’s free throw capped the run and gave the Colonials a 33-26 lead with 3:04 left in the first half.
Robert Morris led by as much as 60-39 on Whitehead’s free throw with 14:02 remaining.
Devin Sweetney paced the Red Flash with 20 points and Sorena Orandi added 11.
- Missouri coach Mike Anderson leaves for Arkansas
- University of Louisville president's resignation accepted
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges