Miami (Ohio) holds off Northern Illinois 74-69
DeKALB, Ill. (AP)—Kenny Hayes had 22 points and Julian Mavunga added 13 points and 11 rebounds to lead Miami (Ohio) to a 74-69 victory at Northern Illinois on Saturday.
Nick Winbush had 17 points and Antonio Ballard 12 for the RedHawks (10-13, 7-3 MAC).
Darian Anderson had 16 points and Xavier Silas 13 for Northern Illinois (8-14, 4-6).
Miami shot a season-high 63.2 percent (12 of 19) from 3-point range and held off the Huskies after they rallied to tie the game at 57-57 with seven minutes remaining. Northern Illinois trailed by 18 points at halftime.
- Charles Barkley admits he received money from agents at Auburn
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner