Fairleigh Dickinson defeats Monmouth (N.J.) 71-65
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Sean Baptiste scored 24 points to lead Fairleigh Dickinson in a 71-65 victory over Monmouth (N.J.) on Saturday.
Alvin Mofunanya added 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Knights (8-16, 7-5 Northeast Conference), who gained back-to-back wins against Monmouth. Fairleigh Dickinson defeated the Hawks 75-69 on Feb. 2.
The game was tied seven times, with the advantage going back and forth throughout. Neither team led by more than six points.
In the final minute, the Knights held a two-point lead when Fairleigh Dickinson’s Mike Scott nailed two free throws to give them a 69-65 advantage with 31 seconds left. The Hawks tried to trim the lead, but Whitney Coleman’s 3 was off target. Baptiste then made two more free throws for the final score.
Will Campbell scored 21 points for Monmouth (10-14, 6-6). Ed Waite added 10 points and a career-high 17 rebounds in the losing effort.
- Fairleigh Dickinson defeats Monmouth (N.J.) 71-65
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown