St. Francis defeats Long Island U. 88-84 in 3OT
NEW YORK (AP)—Ricky Cadell scored 21 points, including eight in each of the final two overtimes, to help St. Francis (N.Y.) defeat Long Island U. 88-84 in triple overtime on Saturday.
Cadell, who had 16 points after regulation, hit a 3-pointer with seven seconds left in the second overtime to tie it at 76-76. The Terriers (10-13, 7-5 Northeast Conference) led the entire final period.
St. Francis also needed a 3-pointer to force the second OT, as Stefan Perunicic hit the long-range shot with 16 seconds left to tie it at 66-66.
The Terriers trailed by as many as 10 with 15 minutes left, and shot 47.8 percent in overtime (11 of 23). It was the first time all season St. Francis scored more than 70 and first win in five tries against the Blackbirds (9-14, 7-5).
Akeem Bennett scored 22 points and Kayode Ayeni added 16 for the Terriers.
Kyle Johnson led Long Island with 21 points.
- St. Francis defeats Long Island U. 88-84 in 3OT
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four