Holy Cross knocks off Lafayette 73-46
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—R.J. Evans had 15 points and eight rebounds and Andrew Keister had a double-double to lead Holy Cross to a 73-46 victory over Lafayette on Saturday.
Keister had 14 points and 10 rebounds as the Crusaders (6-17, 3-5 Patriot League) ended a three-game winning streak by knocking Lafayette (14-9, 5-3) out of a tie for first in the conference.
The Leopards fell one game behind Lehigh (15-8, 6-2), which defeated American U. 77-65 on Saturday.
Holy Cross took a 44-31 lead before Lafayette closed the gap to 44-37 with 15:52 left. The Crusaders then went on a 13-0 run in the next 6 minutes to put the game away, capping the spurt on Evans’ layup with 9:59 remaining.
Lafayette would get no closer than 17 points the rest of the way.
Andrew Beinert scored 10 and Eric Meister had eight points and 10 rebounds for Holy Cross.
Ryan Willen led Lafayette with 14 points.
- Holy Cross knocks off Lafayette 73-46
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown