Northeastern defeats Hofstra 75-55
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Matt Janning scored 17 points to lead Northeastern to a 75-55 win over Hofstra on Saturday.
Chaisson Allen added 16 points for the Huskies (16-8, 11-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won three games in a row. Manny Adako added 14 points.
Hofstra led 32-30 at halftime, but was outplayed in the second half. Northeastern opened the second period with a 20-3 run to take a 50-35 lead with 11:14 remaining. The Pride never recovered and would go on to trail by as many as 23 points.
Charles Jenkins scored 14 points to lead Hofstra (12-13, 5-8), which saw a three-game win streak snapped. Greg Washington chipped in with 10 rebounds.
Northeastern shot 57.1 percent from the field in the second half (12-for-21), and outscored Hofstra 45-23 in the period.
Hofstra shot 25 percent in the second half (7-for-28).
- Northeastern defeats Hofstra 75-55
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look