Ladd, Smith lead Fresno State to 61-51 victory
HONOLULU (AP)—Mike Ladd scored 18 points and Greg Smith added 16 to lead Fresno State to a 61-51 win over Hawaii on Saturday night.
Sylvester Seay had 13 points and seven rebounds while Steven Shepp added 11 points and seven assists for the Bulldogs (12-12, 5-5 Western Athletic Conference).
Roderick Flemings scored 21 points for the Rainbow Warriors (9-14, 2-8), who lost their fifth straight.
Fresno State hit eight 3-pointers and was 15 of 18 from the free-throw line.
The Bulldogs took the lead for good with 11:52 to play on a pair of free throws by Ladd that made it 36-35. Hawaii pulled within 42-41 after Adhar Mayen’s free throws with 8:45 left, but Fresno State scored the next six points and led by at least four the rest of the way.
The Bulldogs made their final eight free throws to seal it the victory.
- Ladd, Smith lead Fresno State to 61-51 victory
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?