Ladd, Smith lead Fresno State to 61-51 victory
HONOLULU (AP)—Mike Ladd scored 18 points and Greg Smith added 16 to lead Fresno State to a 61-51 win over Hawaii on Saturday night.
Sylvester Seay had 13 points and seven rebounds while Steven Shepp added 11 points and seven assists for the Bulldogs (12-12, 5-5 Western Athletic Conference).
Roderick Flemings scored 21 points for the Rainbow Warriors (9-14, 2-8), who lost their fifth straight.
Fresno State hit eight 3-pointers and was 15 of 18 from the free-throw line.
The Bulldogs took the lead for good with 11:52 to play on a pair of free throws by Ladd that made it 36-35. Hawaii pulled within 42-41 after Adhar Mayen’s free throws with 8:45 left, but Fresno State scored the next six points and led by at least four the rest of the way.
The Bulldogs made their final eight free throws to seal it the victory.
- Indiana’s Cody Zeller stars in ‘Don’t Wanna Be A Millionaire’
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner