The Citadel beats Chattanooga 68-60
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Zach Urbanus scored 24 points, hitting seven 3-pointers, and Cameron Wells had a double-double to lead The Citadel to a 68-60 win over Chattanooga on Saturday night.
Wells, who made 8 of 11 free throws, finished with 11 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists for the Bulldogs (12-12, 6-8 Southern Conference), who ended a three-game losing streak. Austin Dahn had 11 points.
The Citadel, which never trailed in the second half, took a 49-40 lead on Dahn’s 3-pointer with 8:49 to play. The Mocs (13-12, 5-7) cut the Bulldogs’ margin to one with 4:52 left on two free throws by Chris Early, who had 10 points.
But The Citadel withstood Chattanooga’s attempted rally, pushing its lead to 61-53 on Bo Holston’s three-point play with 2:46 left to help the Bulldogs pull away.
Ty Patterson led the Mocs with 19 points and six rebounds. Ridge McKeither had 13 points and 18 rebounds.
- Graves scores 26 as No. 25 Butler beats Indiana St. 76-48
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win