College of Charleston defeats Samford 75-54
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Andrew Goudelock scored 25 points and the College of Charleston defeated Samford 75-54 on Saturday.
The Cougars (16-8, 11-2 Southern Conference) shot 42.9 percent from 3-point range (18 of 42) to improve to 10-0 against Samford in a series dating back to Jan. 3, 1994.
Goudelock was 7 of 13 from 3-point range, and Tony White Jr. scored all 15 of his points on 5-of-10 shooting from behind the arc.
The Cougars started out with a 13-2 lead and led the entire contest. Goudelock gave the College of Charleston its biggest lead, 50-24, on a 3-pointer with 13:30 remaining.
Donavan Monroe added 12 points for the Cougars.
Trey Montgomery was the only Samford player in double figures with 23 points. The Bulldogs (9-15, 3-9) shot 20.8 percent from 3-point range (5 of 24) and 58.3 percent from the free throw line (7 of 12).
- College of Charleston defeats Samford 75-54
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue